VERMILION PARISH SHERIFF'S OFFICE RESERVE UNIT
The Vermilion Parish Sheriff’s Reserve Unit is committed to serving the citizens of Vermilion Parish to the best of our ability. Our goal is to maintain and improve the quality of life for all residents within our parish. We will accomplish this mission by interacting with residents, unit members and Sheriff’s Office personnel with professionalism, integrity, accountability and compassion. We pledge to share in the awesome responsibility of increasing the safety and well being of all Vermilion Parish residents.
Reserve Deputies, once properly trained, are allowed to work in all facets of the Sheriff's Office and may eventually
perform the same duties as a full time Deputy. Becoming a Reserve Deputy requires a time commitment from the applicant.
If you have any questions regarding the Reserve Unit please call Lt. Robert Hebert @ 337-280-0084.
If you would like to apply in person please contact Jody Meaux @898-4409 or E-Mail @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in the Vermilion Parish Sheriff's Office Reserve Unit.
Vermilion Parish Sheriff's Office Reserve Deputies at training.
Qualified Applicants Must Meet the Following Criteria:
- Must be a Citizen of The United States
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must Possess a Valid Louisiana Driver's License with Good Driving Record
- Must be able to pass a background check with no felony convictions nor a pattern of arrest offenses indicating moral character of a questionable nature
- Ability to work under stressful, mental and physical situations
- Must be able to pass a drug screen test
- Must be a Resident of Vermilion Parish
- Must be willing to submit to fingerprinting and a DNA Swab
- Must be able to follow directions and adhere to VPSO Policies and Procedures as well as abide by the by-laws of the Vermilion Parish Sheriff's Office Reserve Unit